Full Time Position
This is an entry level position no experience necessary. Ensure safe, timely, installation and repair of propane tanks and gas systems at the customer site and to maintain happy, and loyal customers for Heart of Texas Propane.
Job PurposeThis is an apprentice position no experience necessary, we will train. The Technician will be trained to ensure safe, timely, installation and repair of water well at the customer site and to maintain happy, and loyal customers for Heart of Texas Propane.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe Water Well Technician will be taught to install and modify to ensure customer safety, following standards set forth by the Texas Underground Water Development Board. The Technician will be responsible for working closely with the supervisor to include sourcing and ordering appropriate parts and equipment as needed. As a part of this work, the Technician will need to complete and submit relevant paperwork and log their schedules daily.Duties include:
- Installing water well pumps
- Servicing water well pumps
- Learn and execute safe practices, ensuring safe customer systems
- Conduct pressure and leak tests and basic troubleshooting at residential homes
- Sourcing and ordering appropriate parts as required
- Customer service oriented
- Proficient in reading and writing
- High School Diploma or GED
- Pre-employment drug test
- Random Drug Testing
- Basic computer skills
Working ConditionsThe job requires some evening and weekend work, working outdoors during inclement weather.
Physical RequirementsEmployee may be required to stand for extended periods of time, lift heavy objects on a regular basis, and do repetitive tasks with few breaks. Demanding physical labor to include but not limited to digging ditches and holes with hand tools, using trenching machines and operating a skid steer. Some 24/7 response is required on rare occasions when customer emergency calls come in.
Personal Qualities & Behavioral Traits
- Punctual with no excessive absences
- Pays attention to detail
- Team-oriented, willingness to work on duties outside of this job description to cover shortages in staff
- Driven, self-motivated and consistent
- Willing to learn
- Ability to read and interpret documents, manuals, and reports.
- Ability to respond to common questions or complaints from internal and external customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
Health insurance, life insurance, paid time-off